Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My May 08 Trip, Bangkok - Singapore (4th day)

1. Asia Hotel to Airport Suvarnabhumi

Nooooo...... I'm late!!!!! panic... panic... panic..... we woke up at 4 AM, finally done to go down for checking out at 4.30 AM, finished checking out at 5 AM, way way late from schedule. Thankfully we already booked the hotel taxi to airport, when we got to the taxi we were in for a surprise treat :D we got a Volvo as our taxi hahaha.... what a budget traveler we are... traveling in a Volvo cab, truly we were charged THB 900 (if I'm not mistaken) but it's worth it, the driver automatically drove fast when we told him we were late for our plane. Too bad we didn't have enough time to take pic with the taxi to proof that we used a Volvo cab :D


Luckily we arrived on time, as it was still early in the morning so there was no traffic at all, we even still have time to took some pictures before boarding and bought some snacks (durian chips)
Oh yeah... starting here from Bangkok, our baggage is overweight :P


Khap Khun Khap Bangkok... Hope to See you again soon.....


2. Changi airport (S'pore) & Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road
After constantly waking up and sleeping again through out the trip, finally we arrived at Singapore. Changi is quite generous with Air Asia, they didn't consider it as a budget flight, but using the normal airport at terminal 1 instead (as they have a special budget terminal too). After recognizing the area I just realized that terminal 1 is the old airport which they have using since I lived there as a child. Not knowing the cost of taxi from airport to the city we decided to use MRT (again... pls remember we are budgeted traveler) which is for sure much more cheaper than using taxi.

To reach the MRT station, we have to go to terminal 2 by using the sky train from 2nd floor at terminal 1, and there... I saw this abstract statue which I recognized since I was in kindergarten!!! That was such a great nostalgia, esp because I have such a good time growing up there, so it's all good memories I have about S'pore :)

MRT from changi to city hall is very very comfortable, being the 1 station all of us got seats and it's not crowded at all. But when we have to change train from city hall to Orchard problem rises, as this is packed and we have to stand (which I don't mind) but made me felt guilty for my luggage coz it takes some space :P
But the comfort of using MRT to Lucky Plaza while bringing luggage is that we don't have to face ordinary stairs, if there are places that we have to go up they provide the escalator, so we don't have to experience the panic we had at Bangkok :D

room at Lucky Plaza apartment
By the time we reached Lucky Plaza I just realized that when I pulled my luggage it made this really loud thumping sound "gludug-gludug-gludug" like thunder in the sky, and almost every person I passed would look at me. The faster I pulled my luggage to make this embarrassing ordeal passed quicker, the louder sound it would make. Turns out my luggage wheel is falling apart hiksss.... :(
Finally we arrived at Mrs. Soh's apartment, as usual the one who welcomed us is "mbak Wati", she offered us rooms ranging from SGD 95, 90 (these rooms fits for 3 persons and much more comfier) till the 70. We took the SGD 70 room, though the room is compact, where we have to take turns to open our luggage), but at least there are TV, table, chair and little cupboard to hang our clothes and towel.

3. Sentosa


Finished with our stuffs, changing clothes, we went straight to Takashimaya for lunch, I chose rice with main dish and side dishes we can chose, mine was really good, but too bad Srie's food was poured with curry sauce which doesn't match with the food she ordered... she automatically stopped eating at a the point where the curry sauce has reached... when I tasted it was true... the taste is just horrible, coz the curry sauce was just very strong and overwhelming.

After luch we went to Sentosa by MRT till Harbor Front, turns out it was at Vivo city (said to be the biggest shopping mall in Singapore), there I bought Starhub SIM card, then we went to the highest level and bought the ticket to Sentosa for SGD 3, which includes an all day Sentosa Express ride.


Not knowing the field of Sentosa (I think the last time I went here when I was 6 or 7 years old!! and the condition was not as neat as t is now), so we went down at Imbiah station when in fact we wanted to go to sea the first show time of "Song of the Sea" where it would be much nearer if we went down from the train at Waterfront station, so were given a long treat of walking :)
But... it was quite ok coz we were given a chance to take a pic with the big big big Merlion, which the mascot of Singapore in a still fresh condition :)

What's funny about Sentosa is I think that it's a little bit pushing too much in making it as a leisure island, the concept itself is quite ok I think, for using it part as an amusement park, part beach vacation, part historical, part party, and part the spa thing (an all amusement island). But why I said that they are pushing it to hard? it's because part of the island's view is the crowded seaport on the mainland with lots of cranes and piled up containers just made my appetite gone to think of it as a leisure island such as Bali and a swimming or beach activities there will be a big NO NO for me.

After checking the show time and bought the ticket for the first show of "Song of the Sea" at 19:40 we just walked around Sentosa. I bought at Jakarta a flip flop with slink back special for this vacation trip, and for this Sentosa trip I decided to try it for the first time... BAD decision!!!! At first it was quite ok, but after walking with it for some time, gosshhhh.... it hurts sooo much.... I can't stand it that finally we mad a stop at the souvenir shop and I bought a normal flip flop, which made my feet way much better... and we started walking again :D

Looking at some people queuing, we decided to take a look, and decided to buy the packet for 2 shows of 4D Magix and Cineblast for SGD 29 (if you buy separately it would cost 32 or 35), turns out it's just like the Robocop show and the 4 dimension at Ancol, Jakarta but at Jakarta it would cos a lot more cheaper :P
But' it's ok... hey... it's holiday right... we can spend extra :D beside that our purpose of going to Sentosa is to try their rides and have lots of fun, hey... we did that :D

Finished watching the 2 shows, we rode on the bus, which is free, back to Siloso beach where we want to watched the "Song of the Sea", turns out to be a standard operet show what's really great about it is the special effect : lasers, fireworks, etc I guess that's why the show has to start in the evening, if they held it at noon it won't be good at all.


Going home from Song of the Sea we were exhausted, just imagine... we started the day by waking up in the middle of night at Bangkok to catch our early plain, I guess we can't have our dinner at Newton circus there's just no strength left :P so we decided to just have out dinner at Vivo city food court. I had my favorite dish Ba Kut Teh (pork rib soup with chinese herbal).. too bad we were too late, that I didn't get the best of this dish which is the garlic. It's really good having hot soup after spending the day with the sea breeze. After that we went straight back to the apartment and have a great night of sleep :D

No comments: