Monday, June 23, 2008

My May 08 Trip, Jakarta - KL (1st day)



Waaaa... I still can't believe it, after 5 months of planning THE DAY is here in front of my eyes, I'm finally having my vacation :D

Our plane schedule is 08:10 AM, so I have to leave from home at about 04:45 with lots yawning but unable to sleep along the road to airport. Although using AirAsia but we are still using the 2nd terminal 'coz it's an international flight.

After meeting my friend, Srie, we went inside to check in and taking care of the fiscal tax. Something new we learned from this trip is we can pay the 1 mill tax not only by cash but also by credit card :), make sure you prepare complete info for the fiscal tax voucher so it can be accounted as part of your income tax. After this is done we went out again to spend time with my parents and BF and off course taking some pictures for docs of our trip.



Everything went well including the schedule, there were no delay at all even the plane landed at LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) KL, earlier 20 minutes before schedule. Immigration and custom officer in KL didn't give us any trouble at all, although giving the no smile face all the time. I'm still wondering why all the immigration officer are like that, is that a standard procedure to never let a smile escapes your face when they are on duty???

1. Transport from airport



After passing custom, we get to the tourist information booth and on the right to it are buses ticket booth to get to the city. We chose Skybus (from the same company as AirAsia) which costs RM 9 to KL Sentral (central station for city trains), it took us around 1 hour to KL Sentral, bought a local SIM Card at the 2nd level there, the lowest cost RM 8.5 for a RM 5 credit (DiGi).

And then we went to the taxi counter ticket, nearby where the bus dropped us off (walk around 10 meter to the right from the Skybus drop off) it cost RM 12 (RM 2 is for 2 luggage) to go to Anjung KL 2 at Tengkat Tongsin, at Bukit Bintang area. Probably the taxi driver was not happy that we used the taxi ticket and not straight to him (where he could fix his own price), so he dropped us off not in front of the hostel (we have to walk with our luggage around 30 meters) so that he doesn't have to make a turn again (and made sure that we felt his non caring about this). Butttt.... it all changes after I gave him a RM 6 tip, a smile rose from his face, put on a caring face and asking if we would be ok to be left there. (huh... money talks dear, blah... :P)

2. Hostel



From internet reservation, they said that the only available room left is the triple room (so we have to accept it), but
thank God, when we arrived they said the double room is available (off course we chose the double as it is RM 25 cheaper).
The room itself is really small (around 2.5x2.5 m) but quite clean, but just being cautious I'll use my bali sarong on top of the bed sheets.

3. Lunch



Afterwards, we look for lunch at jalan Alor from a blog I read talking about the Chicken Wine Noodle by Sisters Drunken Chicken Mee at Resoran One to One and stated that it was good. So when we were passing the front of the shop we decided to give it a try.
The noodle tasted really good at first especially we were really really hungry, but after a while the rice wine over powered the overall taste to be a bit more bitter.
The chicken wine noodle cost RM 9 and drinking water RM 1.5

4. Looking around
Our plan for today at first was walking around Bukit Bintang area and if we have time at night we would go to KLCC to take pictures of Petronas Tower at night.
But because that day was really hot and the sun felt way too much, we decided that going directly to KLCC would be a better choice. So we walked from Bukit Bintang to monorail station at Imbi (behind Bukit Bintang) to go back to KL Sentral and use the Putra Line to go straight to KLCC (it was just too hot, we lost our mood to walk around, and looked for transportation that doesn't require too much walking).
Turns our the monorail station at KL Sentral still requires a little bit of walking coz it's not inside the KL Sentral but in front of it.

5. KLCC - Petronas


After walking around KLCC we found a chestnut seller in front of the Isetan supermarket, being a fan for chestnut I bought it immediately (I think it's a little bit too dry then the ones I usually ate at S'pore). Then we found the food court and bought ourselves drinks (I chose coca cola vanilla, Srie took the black currant) and popia (I wanted to know how the Malayasia's popia tasted like, it turned out ok).



After settling down, resting our feet and enjoying the afternoon snack, being seated at the window table we tried to look around esp. looking for the Petronas Tower, our conversation was :

me : "Srie, where is the Petronas Tower ya? I can't see it from the window" (while I'm holding KL map)
Srie : "Yes... I can't see it too"
me : "Probably it's on the other side of the road, so we can't see it from here"
silence....
and then I laughed to myself and gave Srie the map in my hand
me :"you know why we can't see the Petronas Tower? It's on top of us!!! hahaha...

Finished with our afternoon snack we walked around KLCC Suria again (we are waiting to take pictures of Petronas with it's lights) this time we were looking around shoes area at Isetan, and when I found some interesting shoes, I hold it to see it better. But after sometime of doing this, while I was holding a shoe an Indian shop girl rushed running to me and said something so fast that I could not understood her. After asking her to repeat again, this was the conversation :

shopgirl : "The shoes is made from pig skin lining!!!!"
me : "So, why????" (I was really really confused, I thought I was not supposed to touch the shoe if I'm not buying, hey.. probably they have this weird custom that I don't know of, it's a different country right?)
shopgirl : (again repeating) "The shoes is made from pig skin lining!!!!"
me : "So??? Why???? I have no problem with that... I'm a Christian" (after remembering the connection of moslems are not allowed to eat pork)
shopgirl : "Oohhh....sorry.. but you look like a Malay, and it's mandatory for us to inform the Malay customer if a product is made from pig"
me : "Ooo... ic.... it's ok"

I was aware that they put signs at some shoes telling that the shoes lining was made from pig skin, so I never thought that the this is what the shopgirls is trying to inform me :)

Another new thing for me to learn, is that moslems are not allowed to use product from pig, I only thought that they are just not allowed to eat it. About a year ago I too just learned that the Malay people has to be moslem, that made my regional boss from Malaysia a bit surprised to know that I am a Christian.

Finally finished looking around, we have our dinner of the delicious BBQ Chicken Rice, it's really really good. Then after dinner we went out to take the pictures until almost 10 o'clock and went back with Putra Line but from KL Sentral we went by taxi to our hostel coz Srie had a bad stomach ache.

No comments: